Definition of turn:
- 1. To revolve or cause to revolve; specifically to change the position of the fetus in utero so as to convert a malpresentation into one permitting of normal delivery. 2. A change of position.
- The act of turning; a revolution; a winding; a bend or bending; a walk to and fro; change; change of direction; chance; hap; incidental opportunity; form, shape or manner; act of kindness or malice; new position of things; a pit sunk in some part of a drift. By turns, alternately. To take turns, to take each other's places alternately.
- To cause to move in a circular course; to change or shift sides; to change or transform; to metamorphose; to put upside down to alter position, as the posture of the body; to form on a lathe; to shape; to translate; to transfer; to cause to nauseate; to make giddy; to infatuate; to direct; to revolve; to move from a direct course or straight line; to cause to deviate; to reverse; to make acid; to sour, as wines; to dissuade from a purpose or cause to change sides. To turn aside, to avert. To turn away, to dismiss; to avert. To turn down, to fold or double down. To turn in, to fold or double. To turn off, to dismis contemptuously; to deflect. To be turned to be advanced beyond. To turn out, to expel; to put forth. To turn over, to change sides; to transfer; to overset. To turn to, to have recourse to. To turn upon, to retort. To turn the back, to flee. To turn the back upon, to quit with contempt; to for sake. To turn the die, to change fortune.
- To move round; to have a circular motion; to be directed; to move the body round; to move; to revolve; to deviate; to be changed; to change; to become giddy; to change a course of life; to repent. To turn about, to move the face to another quarter. To turn away, to deviate. To turn in, to bend inward; to go to bed. To turn off, to deviate from a course. To turn on, to reply or retort. To turn out, to move from its place; to rise from bed; to prove in the result. To turn over, to turn from side to side; to tumble; to change sides. To turn to, to be directed. To turn under, to bend or be folded downward. To turn up, to bend or be doubled upward.
Common misspellings for turn:
turng, rturn, ture, turnt, thrn, tearn, tuyrn, tourny, turb, tunr, lturn, tu, rurn, trune, turmn, turnd, trun, turnes, turn, turnup, turen, turnn, turnin, trurn, turnb, tuen, tirn, trn, thurn, tur, turh, turne, tourn, turm, trup, toen, tturn, turna, utn, turnthe, tyrn, tuirn, tirnt, turrn, rn, yurn, ruen, teurn, shien, tiurn, rutn, tyurn.
Google Ngram Viewer results for turn:
Examples of usage for turn:
Quotes for turn:
Anytime I switch to another instrument, I immediately turn it into another kind of drum so that I can understand it better. - Levon Helm
Rhymes for turn:
- How to spell turn?
- Correct spelling of turn.
- Spell check turn.
- How do u spell turn?