Definition of wait:
- Ambush; the act of waiting. To lie in wait, to lie in ambush.
- To stay for, or remain stationary in expectation of the arrival of; to attend; to accompany with submission.
- To stay in expectation: to stay proceedings in expectation; to rest in patient expectation; to stay; to continue by reason of hindrance; to lie in ambush. To wait on or upon, to attend, as a servant; to attend upon; to pay servile attendance; to follow. To wait at, to perform service at. To wait for, to watch, as an enemy.
Common misspellings for wait:
wite, waitt, wair, waiy, wiat, wailt, woit, waiti, waut, wai, sait, wate, qait, waweti, waight, waait, wati, wau, waitn, nwait, harme, weat, weit, whait, waiit, waith, hestitate, vait, ait, waitd, iwait, walt, wawit, waot, wwait, wayt, wat, eait, wint, watw, waid, wial, wasit, weait, seeit, waitintg, waittt, waht, waint, wiast, wauit, awit.
Google Ngram Viewer results for wait:
Examples of usage for wait:
Quotes for wait:
Rhymes for wait:
- abate, await, belate, berate, collate, conflate, create, debate, deflate, dictate, dilate, elate, equate, est, estate, gestate, inflate, innate, irate, kuwait, lightweight, misstate, negate, oblate, ornate, postdate, predate, prorate, reflate, relate, restate, sedate, translate, tri-state, update, upstate.
- ate, aydt, bait, bate, cate, chait, crate, date, eight, fait, fate, fete, freight, gait, gate, grate, great, hait, hate, kate, late, mate, nate, pait, pate, plait, plate, prate, rait, rate, sate, skate, slate, spate, speight, state, straight, strait, streight, tait, taitt, tate, trait, waite, wayt, weight.
- conjugate, desecrate, interstate, intrastate, overrate, overweight, procreate, reinstate, silverplate, solid-state, underrate.
- demodulate, interrelate, recriminate, remunerate.
- How to spell wait?
- Correct spelling of wait.
- Spell check wait.
- How do u spell wait?