- guard, watchman
Waite as a boy's name is of Middle English origin, and the meaning of Waite is "guard, watchman". Occupational name. Christmas carolers were known as "waits" because the custom of singing carols started with bands of watchmen who would sing tunes as the night passed. Actor and musician Tom Waits.
- Watt, White, Witt, Wade, Wayde, Wat, Jaide.
- Wayte, Waits, Waights.
Google Ngram Viewer results for Waite:
This graph shows how "Waite" have occurred between 1800 and 2008 in a corpus of English books.
Examples of usage for Waite:
Then Mr. Starr, as if to show his appreciation of a worthy young woman whom he had treated in rather cavalier fashion at their first meeting, made her clerk to the receiver; the receiver was Almon Waite, an amiable old professor of mathematics, retired, who had come back to Egypt to pass his last days with his son. "When Egypt Went Broke" , Holman Day.
Rhymes for Waite:
- abate, await, belate, berate, collate, conflate, create, debate, deflate, dictate, dilate, elate, equate, est, estate, gestate, inflate, innate, irate, kuwait, lightweight, misstate, negate, oblate, ornate, postdate, predate, prorate, reflate, relate, restate, sedate, translate, tri-state, update, upstate.
- ate, aydt, bait, bate, cate, chait, crate, date, eight, fait, fate, fete, freight, gait, gate, grate, great, hait, hate, kate, late, mate, nate, pait, pate, plait, plate, prate, rait, rate, sate, skate, slate, spate, speight, state, straight, strait, streight, tait, taitt, tate, trait, wait, wayt, weight.
- conjugate, desecrate, interstate, intrastate, overrate, overweight, procreate, reinstate, silverplate, solid-state, underrate.
- demodulate, interrelate, recriminate, remunerate.
- How to spell Waite?
- Correct spelling of Waite.
- Spell check Waite.
- How do u spell Waite?