Definition of well:
- to a great extent
- In good health.
- To pour forth.
- Being in health; having a sound body, with all the organs in healthy action; fortunate; convenient; advantageous; happy.
- In a proper manner; justly; rightly: not ill or wickedly; skilfully; with due art; sufficiently; abundantly; to a degree that gives pleasure; favourably; with praise; conveniently; suitably; advantageously; perfectly; thoroughly; fully; adequately. As well as, together with; one as much as the other. Well enough, in a moderate degree.
- A spring; a fountain; water issuing from the earth; a pit, or cylindrical hole, sunk perpendicularly into the earth to reach a supply of water, and walled to prevent the earth caving in; an in- closure round the pumps in the middle of a ships hold; an apartment in a fishing boat to preserve fresh fish while they are transported to market; a hole or excavation in the earth, from which run branches or galleries; a source.
- To spring: to issue forth, as water from tbe earth.
- An English prefix expressing what is right, laudable or complete.
Common misspellings for well:
whilr, wellkept, wekk, welli, wellm, welle, we''ll, whelt, weill, weel, qwell, goood, whad, wlel, welp, hmmm, wwll, wello, wess, wil, welk, prestiges, wellas, wrll, wkk, uhm, we'', reall, opk, welll, welld, wwell, wder, iwell, wlell, enothg, wlll, wellll, wewll, welkl, weli, wl, wiell, whlie, wewill, wels, wellup, awell, wewilll, wekll, owell, weoll, ewell, wellt, eh, asll, weelll, mell, wel, wellw, weell, eell, wellk, whel, wll, duh, ewll, wella, wiel, weall, welly, heh, psf, welol, vell, wi'll, erll, weil, whell, weol, werll, 400xll5, woll, wy, wqell, lwell, wrih.
Google Ngram Viewer results for well:
Examples of usage for well:
Quotes for well:
Rhymes for well:
- accel, adel, adele, adell, adelle, akel, ancel, angelle, ansel, anwell, apel, ardelle, arel, arnelle, atwell, bechtel, bedel, befell, brunelle, burrell, cabell, capelle, carel, carmel, cartel, carvel, cattell, cavell, chanel, chapell, compel, cordell, corel, cornell, cornelle, danelle, daniele, dantrell, darnell, darrelle, dispel, elwell, estelle, excel, expel, farewell, ferrel, fidel, foretell, gabel, gazelle, giselle, grinnell, hillel, hormel, hotel, impel, intel, janelle, joelle, lapel, lavelle, leonelle, lyell, mabelle, madelle, mantell, manuel, marcel, marcelle, markel, martelle, marvell, marvelle, mattel, maybelle, mendell, michel, michele, michelle, miguel, mirell, mirelle, misspell, montel, morel, morrell, moselle, motel, mozelle, niguel, nobel, noel, noelle, nouvelle, novell, odell, outsell, pastel, patel, propel, purcell, rachelle, randell, rangel, raquel, ravel, rebel, repel, resell, retell, rochelle, romelle, rozelle, rudelle, ruelle, samelle, sharell, shirell, shirelle, sibelle, sydell, twaddell, tyrrell, udelle, ul, unsell, varvel, waddell.
- aix-la-chapelle, mademoiselle, materiel, nepl.
- aol, avenel, clientele, danielle, gabriele, isabell, mirabel, orabel, personnel, rafael, raphael.
- bel, bell, belle, cel, cell, chell, del, dell, delle, dwell, ehle, el, ell, elle, fel, fell, frel, gehl, gel, helle, jell, kal, kell, kjell, knell, l, mel, mell, nel, nell, nelle, pell, quell, schell, sell, shell, smell, snell, spell, stell, stelle, swell, tel, tell, yell, zel.
Idioms for well:
- How to spell well?
- Correct spelling of well.
- Spell check well.
- How do u spell well?