Language:English - United States Change
- Austria - German
- Belarus - Belarusian
- Catalan - Valencian
- Danish - Dansk
- Dutch - Nederlands
- English - Australia
- English - Canada
- English - United Kingdom
- English - United States
- English - GB
- English - New Zealand
- France - Breton
- French - Français
- German - Deutsch
- German - Simple
- German Switzerland - Schweizerdeutsch
- Greek - Ελληνικά
- Iran - Persian
- Italian - Italiano
- Philippines - Tagalog
- Polish - Polski
- Portuguese - Português
- Portuguese Brazil - Português
- Portuguese - Angola
- Portuguese - Moçambique
- Romanian - Română
- Russian - Русский
How To Spell ecclesiastical?
How to Pronounce ecclesiastical?
Correct pronunciation for the word "ecclesiastical" is [ɪklˌiːzɪˈastɪkə͡l], [ɪklˌiːzɪˈastɪkəl], [ɪ_k_l_ˌiː_z_ɪ__ˈa_s_t_ɪ_k_əl].
What are the misspellings for ecclesiastical?
"Ecclesiastical" in context
Ecclesiastical is an adjective which describes something related to the church or Christian belief. It is derived from the Greek word 'ecclesia', meaning church. Throughout history, ecclesiastical law and rulings have been used to regulate the Christian faith, such as defining the doctrine, rituals, and practices. This law is still in place today, governing the beliefs and practices of many Christian denominations. Ecclesiastical courts are a legal entity that is different from standard civil courts and deal uniquely with religious matters. This type of court often addresses issues such as separation, marriage, and worship, as well as excommunication and absolution from sins.
Usage over time for ecclesiastical:
This graph shows how "ecclesiastical" have occurred between 1800 and 2008 in a corpus of English books.
- Correct spelling for ecclesiastical [Infographic] | Spellchecker.net
- ecclesiastical - English spelling dictionary
- Ecclesiastical | Definition of ecclesiastical by Merriam-Webster
- Ecclesiastical definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- Ecclesiastical | Definition of ecclesiastical at Dictionary.com
- Ecclesiastical dictionary definition | ecclesiastical defined