- watchful, vigilant
Greer as a boy's name (also used as girl's name Greer), is a variant of Gregory (Greek), and the meaning of Greer is "watchful, vigilant".
Greer as a girl's name (also used as boy's name Greer), is pronounced gryr. It is of Scottish origin. Surname and variant of Gregory (Latin) "watchful, vigilant". Notable in the 1940s and 1950s due to actress Greer Garson.
Google Ngram Viewer results for Greer:
This graph shows how "Greer" have occurred between 1800 and 2008 in a corpus of English books.
Examples of usage for Greer:
Rhymes for Greer:
- adhere, amir, appear, austere, career, cashier, dornier, emir, frontier, inhere, lanier, lazear, premier, premiere, rainier, rehear, revere, sameer, samir, severe, shamir, sincere, unclear, veneer, vizier, wazir, yasir, zahir, zaire.
- auctioneer, bandolier, belvedere, bombardier, brigadier, cavalier, chandelier, charpentier, chevalier, commandeer, disappear, domineer, engineer, financier, gondolier, insincere, interfere, mutineer, overhear, pamphleteer, persevere, pioneer, profiteer, racketeer, reappear, rensselaer, souvenir, volunteer.
- beer, bere, blear, cheer, clear, cleere, cyr, dear, deer, deere, ear, fear, fier, fleer, frere, gear, geer, gere, gier, hear, here, jeer, kear, kier, lear, leer, mear, meir, mere, mir, near, neer, nir, peer, pier, rear, sear, sere, shear, sheer, shere, smear, sneer, spear, speer, speir, sphere, stear, steer, tear, teer, veer, vere, we're, wier, year.
- conventioneer, electioneer, reengineer.
- How to spell Greer?
- Correct spelling of Greer.
- Spell check Greer.
- How do u spell Greer?