Definition of carcass:
- the dead body of an animal especially one slaughtered and dressed for food
- A dead body, whether of man or beast; a corpse; now commonly the dead body of a beast.
- The abandoned and decaying remains of some bulky and once comely thing, as a ship; the skeleton, or the uncovered or unfinished frame, of a thing.
- A hollow case or shell, filled with combustibles, to be thrown from a mortar or howitzer, to set fire to buldings, ships, etc.
- The living body; - now commonly used in contempt or ridicule.
Common misspellings for carcass:
- carcus (38%)
- carcas (28%)
- carcuss (14%)
- carcase (6%)
- carcess (5%)
- carcuses (3%)
- carcases (3%)