- path, roadway
Layne as a girl's name (also used as boy's name Layne), is a variant of Laine (English) and Lane (Middle English), and the meaning of Layne is "path, roadway".
- Luane, Layney, Lannie, Lanny, Lanna, Lana, Lyna, Lene, Lainey, Lanae, Lanie, Laney, Laina, Lani, Lianne, Leanne, Leyna, Leone, Liane, Liahne, Lynne, Lynn, Lyn, Lynea, Lynae, Luanne.
Google Ngram Viewer results for Layne:
This graph shows how "Layne" have occurred between 1800 and 2008 in a corpus of English books.
Examples of usage for Layne:
Rhymes for Layne:
- abstain, again, alain, alaine, alane, alayne, allain, amain.
- aine, arcane, arraign, attain, ayn, bahrain, bain, bane, bayne, biscayne, blain, blaine, blane, blayne, brain, butane, cain, caine, campaign, cane, chain, champagne, champaign, champlain, charlayne, charmain, charmaine, cheyne, cocaine, complain, constrain, contain, crain, craine, crane, crayne, dain, dane, dayne, deign, delaine, demain, detain, devane, dewayne, disdain, domain, drain, draine, duan, duane, duquesne, duwayne, dwayne, elaine, elane, elayne, explain, fain, fane, feign, fein, fontaine, fraine, frane, frayn, frayne, freyne, gain, germain, germaine, germane, grain, hain, hane, heyne, humane, hussain, hussein, iain, inane, ingrain, insane, jain, jane, jayne, jermaine, kahane, kain, kaine, kane, kayne, lain, laine, lane, laraine, ln, lorain, loraine, lorraine, maclean, main, maine, maintain, mane, mayne, mccain, mcclain, mclean, moraine, mundane, obtain, ordain, pain, paine, pane, payne, pertain, plain, plane, preordain, profane, rain, raine, rayne, refrain, regain, reign, rein, reine, remain, restrain, retain, retrain, rogaine, romain, romaine, sain, sane, shaine, shane, shayne, slain, slane, spain, spokane, sprain, stain, strain, sustain, swain, swaine, swayne, sylvain, terrain, thaine, thane, thayne, train, trane, tremaine, twain, ukraine, urbain, urbane, vain, vane, vein, wain, wane, wayne, zane.
- aquitaine, ascertain, entertain, inhumane.
- How to spell Layne?
- Correct spelling of Layne.
- Spell check Layne.
- How do u spell Layne?