Common misspellings for Maurice:
- dark-skinned, Moorish
Maurice as a boy's name is pronounced maw-REESE. It is of Latin origin, and the meaning of Maurice is "dark-skinned, Moorish". Also possibly an anglicized form of Muirgheas (Irish, Gaelic) "seafarer" and ultimately derive from the Phoenician term "mauharim", meaning "easterner". Roman name introduced to Britain by the Normans and commonly used into the 17th century. Saint Maurus (sixth century) was a French saint. Mauricio is a Spanish form; Mauro is Italian and Portuguese. See also Merrick. Actor Maurice Chevalier; writer Maurice Sendak; composer Maurice Ravel.
- Related names:
- Seymour, Amaury.
- Merce, Marius.
- Moss, Maurell, Maureo, Mauricio, Maurids, Maurie, Maurin, Maurio, Maurise, Maurits, Mauritius, Mauritz, Maurizio, Mauro, Maurus, Maury, Maurycy, Morey, Morice, Moricz, Morino, Moris, Moritz, Moriz, Morrel, Morrey, Morrice, Morrill, Morris, Morriss.
Google Ngram Viewer results for Maurice:
This graph shows how "Maurice" have occurred between 1800 and 2008 in a corpus of English books.
Examples of usage for Maurice:
Quotes for Maurice:
Rhymes for Maurice:
- apiece, aris, audris, bernice, caprice, cerise, chorus, clarice, decease, decrease, denice, denise, devries, edris, elise, felice, florists, forests, horace, horus, increase, luis, markese, maryse, matisse, maurus, morris, obese, patrice, police, porous, release, sorus, taurus, torus, tunis.
- brontosaurus, stegosaurus, vietnamese.
- cease, cece, crease, feasts, fleece, gees, geese, grease, greece, lease, leece, leese, neiss, nice, niece, peace, pease, piece, priests, rease, reece, reese, seis, speece, suisse, tese.
- delores, dolores, thesaurus.
- How to spell Maurice?
- Correct spelling of Maurice.
- Spell check Maurice.
- How do u spell Maurice?