Definition of attic:
- Recessus epitympanicus.
- Pertaining to Attica, or to its principal city, Athens.
- A native of Attica; the Attic dialect of Greek. A low storey erected over a principal order, generally decorated with pilasters and a cornice, but having neither capital nor base; usually an uppermost room in a house where the ceiling is square with the sides, to distinguish it from a garret, but the latter is also frequently termed an attic. Attic wit, or Attic salt, poignant, delicate wit, such as the Athenians were famous for. Attic style, a pure, classical, and elegant style. Attic faith, inviolable faith. Attic dialect, the dialect of Greek spoken by the Athenians. Attic base, a peculiar base, consisting of an upper torus, a scotia, and lower torus, with fillets between them, used by ancient architects in the lonic order or column, and sometimes in the Doric. Attic order, an order of small square pillars at the uppermost extremity of a building. Attic storey, the upper storey of a house.
Common misspellings for attic:
accit, accit, addicition, addicition, attact, attact, att, att, studie, studie, attich, attich, attique, attick, attick, atiic, atiic, atic, atic, actic, actic, atick, atick, addic, attik, attik, attice, attice, attive, attive, sttic, ttc, attc, attac, ws, ws, attiic, attiic, atttic, atttic, attict, attict, yrs, attaic, attaic, attaic, attatic, attatic, attatic, atict, atict.
Google Ngram Viewer results for attic:
Examples of usage for attic:
Quotes for attic:
Rhymes for attic:
- acrobatic, adriatic, aerobatic, aromatic, asiatic, autocratic, automatic.
- aquatic, asthmatic, climatic, dogmatic, dramatic, ecstatic, emphatic.
- aristocratic, asymptomatic, axiomatic, diagrammatic, electrostatic.
- bureaucratic, charismatic, cinematic, democratic, diplomatic, emblematic, enigmatic, enzymatic, erratic, fanatic, hanseatic, hepatic, hippocratic, homeostatic, idiomatic, lymphatic, mathematic, melodramatic, monochromatic, numismatic, operatic, pancreatic, phosphatic, pneumatic, posttraumatic, pragmatic, prismatic, problematic, programmatic, prostatic, psychosomatic, rheumatic, schematic, socratic, symptomatic, systematic, technocratic, thematic, theocratic, traumatic, undemocratic, undiplomatic.
- idiosyncratic, semiautomatic.
- matic, static.
- How to spell attic?
- Correct spelling of attic.
- Spell check attic.
- How do u spell attic?