Language:English - United States Change
- Austria - German
- Belarus - Belarusian
- Catalan - Valencian
- Danish - Dansk
- Dutch - Nederlands
- English - Australia
- English - Canada
- English - United Kingdom
- English - United States
- English - GB
- English - New Zealand
- France - Breton
- French - Français
- German - Deutsch
- German - Simple
- German Switzerland - Schweizerdeutsch
- Greek - Ελληνικά
- Iran - Persian
- Italian - Italiano
- Philippines - Tagalog
- Polish - Polski
- Portuguese - Português
- Portuguese Brazil - Português
- Portuguese - Angola
- Portuguese - Moçambique
- Romanian - Română
- Russian - Русский
How To Spell downstairs?
How to Pronounce downstairs?
Correct pronunciation for the word "downstairs" is [dˈa͡ʊnste͡əz], [dˈaʊnsteəz], [d_ˈaʊ_n_s_t_eə_z].
What are the misspellings for downstairs?
"Downstairs" in context
Downstairs is an interesting part of a lot of houses. It's usually where a lot of the most important and necessary things are kept, such as the furnace or the water heater. In many homes, the stairs leading down may be elegant and provide an aesthetically pleasing entrance to the home. Downstairs may also include the laundry, storage, and sometimes the garage. Whereas upstairs is typically the living area of the home where closeness to family and friends is important, downstairs is usually the more utilitarian, practical part of the home. In a well-designed house, access to both upstairs and downstairs should be easy and provide a sense of security.
Usage over time for downstairs:
This graph shows how "downstairs" have occurred between 1800 and 2008 in a corpus of English books.
- Correct spelling for downstairs [Infographic] | Spellchecker.net
- downstairs - English spelling dictionary
- Downstairs | Definition of downstairs by Merriam-Webster
- Downstairs definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- Downstairs | Definition of downstairs at Dictionary.com
- Downstairs dictionary definition | downstairs defined