Definition of jewel:
- To adorn with, or as with, gems.
- An ornament of dress, usually containing a precious stone; a precious stone; anything highly valued or dear to one.
- To dress or adorn with, or as with jewels; to furnish with a jewel. Jewel- blocks, two small blocks, suspended at the extremity of the main and fore topsail yards.
Common misspellings for jewel:
- plaything, delight
Jewel as a girl's name is pronounced JEW-al. It is of Old French origin, and the meaning of Jewel is "plaything, delight". Literally, a precious gem. The given name may derive from its use as a term of affection as well as the 19th century vogue for jewel names like Beryl and Ruby. Pop singer Jewel.
- Jayel, Jael.
- Juelline, Jewelene, Jewelisa, Jewell, Jewella, Jewelle, Jewelyn.
Google Ngram Viewer results for jewel:
This graph shows how "jewel" have occurred between 1800 and 2008 in a corpus of English books.
Examples of usage for jewel:
Quotes for jewel:
What a wonderful phenomenon it is, carefully considered, when the human eye, that jewel of organic structures, concentrates its moist brilliance on another human creature! - Thomas Mann
Rhymes for jewel:
- How to spell jewel?
- Correct spelling of jewel.
- Spell check jewel.
- How do u spell jewel?