Definition of suppression:
- 1 Holding back, repression, arrest; noting any symptom or other abnormal phenomenon. 2 Arrest of the secretion of a fluid, as urine or bile; to be distinguished from retention, in which secretion occurs but the discharge from the body is prevented.
- Act of suppressing; concealment; the retaining of anything from publication; stoppage or morbid retention of discharges; omission.
Common misspellings for suppression:
Google Ngram Viewer results for suppression:
This graph shows how "suppression" have occurred between 1800 and 2008 in a corpus of English books.
Examples of usage for suppression:
Quotes for suppression:
It has been surprising to me that so few conservatives have voiced concern over the precedence that are being set in favor of suppression by this so -called conservative administration. - James Bovard
Rhymes for suppression:
- accession, aggression, compression, concession, confession, depression, digression, discretion, expression, impression, obsession, oppression, possession, precession, procession, profession, progression, recession, regression, repression, secession, succession, transgression.
- decompression, indiscretion, intercession, misimpression, nonaggression, repossession.
- deshane, deshon, freshen, hessian, question, session.
- How to spell suppression?
- Correct spelling of suppression.
- Spell check suppression.
- How do u spell suppression?