Definition of interpret:
- make sense of; assign a meaning to; " What message do you see in this letter?"; " How do you interpret his behavior?"
- give an interpretation or rendition of; " The pianist rendered the Beethoven sonata beautifully"
- make sense of a language; " She understands French"; " Can you read Greek?"
- give an interpretation or explanation to
- restate ( words) from one language into another language; " I have to translate when my in- laws from Austria visit the U. S."; " Can you interpret the speech of the visiting dignitaries?"; " She rendered the French poem into English"; " He translates for the U. N."
- create an image or likeness of; " The painter represented his wife as a young girl"
Common misspellings for interpret:
- interpet (16%)
- interprete (12%)
- interpert (11%)
- interperet (6%)
- interperate (5%)
- interprate (5%)
- interpretate (4%)
- intrepret (4%)
- interprit (4%)
- intepret (3%)