Definition of alley:
- a lane down which a bowling ball is rolled toward pins
- a narrow street with walls on both sides
- A narrow passage; especially a walk or passage in a garden or park, bordered by rows of trees or bushes; a bordered way.
- A narrow passage or way in a city, as distinct from a public street.
- A passageway between rows of pews in a church.
- Any passage having the entrance represented as wider than the exit, so as to give the appearance of length.
- The space between two rows of compositors' stands in a printing office.
- A choice taw or marble.
Common misspellings for alley:
- aley (28%)
- alliey (24%)
- aliey (10%)
- slley (7%)
- alle (7%)
- alliy (3%)
- alli (3%)
- allys (3%)
- allery (3%)
- ley (3%)