Definition of clock:
- A machine which tells the time of day, consisting of wheels moved by weights or springs, and regulated by a pendulum, but more especially the larger machines of this kind, so constructed as to tell the hours by the stroke of a hammer upon a bell; a beetle.
- To call, as the hen. The clock of a stocking, the figured work or embroidery about the ankle. The phrases. What's o'clock! and What o'clock is it? are contractions of What hour of the clock is it ? See Cloak and Cluck.
Common misspellings for clock:
Google Ngram Viewer results for clock:
This graph shows how "clock" have occurred between 1800 and 2008 in a corpus of English books.
Examples of usage for clock:
Quotes for clock:
And let a scholar all earth's volumes carry, he will be but a walking dictionary: a mere articulate clock. - George Chapman
Rhymes for clock:
- antiknock, interlock, overstock.
- bach, bloc, bloch, block, blok, boch, bock, bok, broc, brock, brok, caulk, chalk, chock, chok, croc, crock, doc, dock, floc, flock, frock, glock, haak, hoc, hoch, hock, jacques, jock, kloc, knock, kok, kroc, krock, loch, lock, locke, lok, mach, mock, mok, nock, och, poch, pock, roc, roch, rock, schlock, shock, smock, sock, sok, spock, stock, tock, vlok, walk, wok.
- bangkok, iraq, isaak, o'clock, restock, undock, unlock.
Idioms for clock:
- How to spell clock?
- Correct spelling of clock.
- Spell check clock.
- How do u spell clock?