Da- as a boy's name (also used as girl's name Da-), is pronounced da. It is of American origin. Combination of the Da- prefix with various endings. Pronunciation emphasis is on the second syllable. Names beginning with D'- (meaning "of") follow an Italian style of surnames. See also De- and DeShawn.
- Day, Dai, Daw.
- D'Andre, D'Angelo, Dajon, Damar, Davon, Dawayne, D'Amante, D'Amico, Dajohn, Dajuan, Damarco, Damario, Damarko, Damone, Damont, Damonte, Daquan, Dasean, Dashae, Dashaun, Dashawn, Dashonn, Davar, Davaughn.
Da- as a girl's name (also used as boy's name Da-), is pronounced da. It is of American origin. Combination of the Da- prefix with various endings. Pronunciation emphasis is on the second syllable. See also De-.
- Dai, Day, Ta-.
- Davonne, Dameshia, Danessa, Daniesha, Danille, Danique, Danira, Danisha, Dashawna, Dashay, Dashea, Davisha, Davonna.
Google Ngram Viewer results for da:
This graph shows how "da" have occurred between 1800 and 2008 in a corpus of English books.
Examples of usage for da:
" Whatsa da matta with you, hah? "The Foreign Hand Tie" , Gordon Randall Garrett.
Quotes for da:
I quickly realized that this medium had a lot to offer someone like me. To do Disney -quality hand -drawn cartoons, you have to be a master of two art forms. Seriously, you have to be able to draw like a Leonardo da Vinci or a Michelangelo. But also you have to know movement and timing and control that through 24 frames a second. - John Lasseter
Rhymes for da:
- aaa, attache, baccarat, bogota, bouvier, bta, bua, cabaret, cabernet, cea, chevrolet, dak, disarray, disobey, ekk, faberge, fiance, intraday, ira, ita, jna, lyonnais, monterey, monterrey, overplay, overstay, perrier, piaget, underplay, underway, uva.
- abbe, aha, allay, alvah, array, artois, asay, astray, away, b-j, ballet, beauvais, belay, beret, betray, bombay, bouquet, bourgeois, buffet, cache, cafe, calais, carre, cathay, chalet, cliche, convey, crochet, croquet, decay, defray, delay, delray, dismay, display, dk, dossier, duboise, dumas, ek, elga, elna, essay, fatah, fermat, filet, fillet, francois, francoise, ga, gervais, ha, halfway, hervey, hooray, hurrah, hurray, jose, levey, mackay, macrae, manet, mccrea, mckay, mcveigh, millay, monet, moray, nikkei, nisei, o'shea, obey, oj, okay, olay, ole, ona, orsay, otha, parquet, pasha, passe, portray, prepay, puree, purvey, rene, renee, repay, replay, risque, sanaa, saute, sergei, soiree, sorbet, souffle, survey, today, toupee, valet, valois, voila, vrba.
- ae, ah, ahh, awe, ay, bah, bay, bey, blah, blay, bois, bra, brae, bray, brey, ca, cay, cha, che, clay, cray, dae, day, daye, de, dey, dray, drey, fay, faye, fe, fey, flay, fray, frey, gaye, gras, gray, graye, grey, gway, hah, hay, haye, hey, hsia, hua, hwa, hwe, j, ja, jae, jay, jaye, jha, joie, k, ka, kah, kay, kaye, khe, klay, la, lait, law, lay, lei, ley, ma, mae, mah, may, maye, mei, mey, moi, na, nah, naw, nay, ne, neigh, nej, ney, pay, paye, pei, pla, play, pray, prey, qua, quai, quay, ra, rae, rah, raw, ray, raye, re, rey, rha, sa, say, saye, se, shah, shay, shea, slay, sleigh, spa, spray, sta, stay, stray, sway, sze, ta, tae, tay, they, tray, trey, vey, wa, wah, way, waye, wei, weigh, wey, whey, wray, wy, ya, yah, yay, yea, zsa.
- asea, cabriolet, ceta, communique, foia, hiaa, naivete, noaa.
- How to spell da?
- Correct spelling of da.
- Spell check da.
- How do u spell da?