Definition of length:
- size of the gap between two places; " the distance from New York to Chicago"; " he determined the length of the shortest line segment joining the two points"
- continuance in time; " the ceremony was of short duration"; " he complained about the length of time required"
- the property of being the extent of something from beginning to end; " the editor limited the length of my article to 500 words"
- a section of something that is long and narrow; " a length of timber"; " a length of tubing"
- the linear extent in space from one end to the other; the longest horizontal dimension of something that is fixed in place; " the length of the table was 5 feet"
Common misspellings for length:
- lenght (59%)
- lenth (10%)
- lengh (8%)
- legnth (7%)
- lenghth (4%)
- legth (2%)