Definition of iron:
- Ferrum, a metallic element, symbol Fe, atomic weight, 55. 85. It occurs in the chlorophyl of plants and in the hemoglobin of the red blood- corpuscles of animals, is stored in the tissues in the form of ferratin, a loose organic compound, and is excreted in the bile. A great many iron salts are employed in medicine, chiefly in the treatment of anemia and conditions associated with it; see ferrum.
- To fetter.
- Made or consisting of iron; resembling iron; harsh; rude; severe; binding fast; not to be broken; hard of understanding; dull; firm; rebust.
- The most common and useful of all the metals; an instrument or utensil of iron.
- To smooth with an instrument of iron; to shackle with irons; to furnish or arm with iron. Iron age, the last of the four ages, being that of enforced toil; the last of the three prehistoric ages. Iron- works, the works or establishment where pig- iron is wrought into bars, & c.
Google Ngram Viewer results for iron:
This graph shows how "iron" have occurred between 1800 and 2008 in a corpus of English books.
Examples of usage for iron:
Quotes for iron:
- How to spell iron?
- Correct spelling of iron.
- Spell check iron.
- How do u spell iron?