Spell Check of admit
Correct spelling: admit
Definition of admit:
1) admit into a group or community; " accept students for graduate study"; " We'll have to vote on whether or not to admit a new member"
2) have room for; hold without crowding; " This hotel can accommodate 250 guests"; " The theater admits 300 people"; " The auditorium can't hold more than 500 people"
3) declare to be true or admit the existence or reality or truth of; " He admitted his errors"; " She acknowledged that she might have forgotten"
4) afford possibility; " This problem admits of no solution"; " This short story allows of several different interpretations"
5) allow participation in or the right to be part of; permit to exercise the rights, functions, and responsibilities of; " admit someone to the profession"; " She was admitted to the New Jersey Bar"
6) allow to enter; grant entry to; " We cannot admit non- members into our club"
7) serve as a means of entrance; " This ticket will admit one adult to the show"
8) give access or entrance to; " The French doors admit onto the yard"
9) To suffer to enter; to grant entrance, whether into a place, or into the mind, or consideration; to receive; to take; as, they were into his house; to admit a serious thought into the mind; to admit evidence in the trial of a cause.
10) To give a right of entrance; as, a ticket admits one into a playhouse.
11) To allow ( one) to enter on an office or to enjoy a privilege; to recognize as qualified for a franchise; as, to admit an attorney to practice law; the prisoner was admitted to bail.
12) To concede as true; to acknowledge or assent to, as an allegation which it is impossible to deny; to own or confess; as, the argument or fact is admitted; he admitted his guilt.
13) To be capable of; to permit; as, the words do not admit such a construction. In this sense, of may be used after the verb, or may be omitted.
Common misspellings for admit:
- admitt (55%)
- addmit (11%)
- admite (8%)
- amit (6%)
- admint (2%)
Misspellings percentages are collected from over 15,411,110 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.