Definition of independent:
- of political bodies; " an autonomous judiciary"; " a sovereign state"
- a writer or artist who sells services to different employers without a long- term contract with any of them
- not controlled by a party or interest group
- a neutral or uncommitted person ( especially in politics)
- not dependent on or conditioned by or relative to anything else
- not contingent
- free from external control and constraint; " an independent mind"; " a series of independent judgments"; " fiercely independent individualism"; " an independent republic"
- of a clause; able to stand alone syntactically as a complete sentence; " the main ( or independent) clause in a complex sentence has at least a subject and a verb"
Common misspellings for independent:
- independant (64%)
- indipendent (2%)
- indepent (2%)
- indepedent (2%)
- indpendent (2%)