Definition of independent:
- Not dependent; not subject to the control of others; not subordinate; not holding possessions at the will of another; affording the means of independence; not subject to influence; not obsequious; free; unconstrained; irrespective; pertaining to the independents.
- One who maintains that every congregation of Christians constitutes a complete church, and is subject to no superior authority.
Common misspellings for independent:
- independant (64%)
- indipendent (2%)
- indepent (2%)
- indepedent (2%)
- indpendent (2%)
Google Ngram Viewer results for independent:
This graph shows how "independent" have occurred between 1800 and 2008 in a corpus of English books.
Examples of usage for independent:
Quotes for independent:
Rhymes for independent:
- How to spell independent?
- Correct spelling of independent.
- Spell check independent.
- How do u spell independent?