Definition of white:
- The color resulting from the perfect commingling of all the rays of the spectrum without absorption of any; the color of chalk or of snow.
- Being of the colour of pure snow; not dark; pale; destitute of colour in the cheeks; pure; free from spot; gray; unblemished; purified from sin. To show the white feather, to evince cowardice.
- One of the natural colours of bodies, though not strictly a colour, it being a combination of all the colours as united in a ray of pure light; the colour, as of snow; a white spot or thing; the mark at which an arrow is shot; a white man. White of the eye, that part of the ball of the eye surrounding the iris or coloured part. White of an egg, the albumen or pellucid, viscous fluid which surrounds the vitcllus or yolk. Spanish white, a substance used in painting, prepared from chalk.
- To make white; to whitewash.
Common misspellings for white:
whitem, wite, whirte, whati, whild, shote, wihite, whire, witgh, awhite, whitr, whtie, whiet, wuite, whigh, wihte, whie, whitte, whrite, wht, whi, whiote, swhite, wjite, whitle, whight, whait, whiteish, whote, whith, whitre, whitw, whits, whilte, whithe, witer, whice, wieth, whitee, wghite, weite, whitie, hite, boobie, whte, whity, whiite, qwite, whoite, whita, whilt, albescent, ehite.
- white, fair
White as a boy's name is of Old English origin, and the meaning of White is "white, fair". Probably referred to the complexion or hair color of an ancestor. Rare nowadays. Architect Stanford White; baseball player Whitey Ford.
- Wayte, Waite, Witt.
Google Ngram Viewer results for white:
Examples of usage for white:
Quotes for white:
Rhymes for white:
- alight, alright, aright, contrite, delight, despite, excite, forthright, ignite, incite, indict, indite, invite, mcknight, nonwhite, onsite, outright, polite, recite, rewrite, tonight, tonite, upright, uptight.
- bight, bite, blight, bright, brite, byte, cite, dwight, feit, fight, fite, flight, fright, height, heit, hight, hite, kite, knight, light, lite, might, mite, night, nite, plight, quite, reit, right, rite, sight, site, sleight, slight, smite, spight, spite, sprite, streit, tight, trite, twite, wight, wright, write, zeit.
- disinvite, overnight, overwrite, reignite, reunite.
- How to spell white?
- Correct spelling of white.
- Spell check white.
- How do u spell white?