Definition of dry:
- Destitute of moisture; free from rain or mist; free from juice, sap, oraqueous matter; without tears; not giving milk; thirsty; jejune; without interest; severe; sarcastic; formally cold or precise; sharply or frigidly precise in execution, or wanting a delicate contour in form.
- To free from or deprive of water or moisture; to deprive of natural juice, sap, or greenness; to scorch or parch with thirst; to drain; to exhaust.
- To grow dry; to evaporate wholly; to be exhaled. To dry up, to deprive wholly of water; to wither; to suspend talking for want of matter.
meticulous, censorious, restrained, sober, humdrum, rainless, desert, naive, aloof, decaffeinated, stark, cold, lifeless, humourous, dour, pithy, bald, clean, oppressive, raw, monotonous, rigorous, shut up, sophisticated, dehydrate, dried, can, artful, dehumidify, astringent, sun-baked, constipated, moist, corner, short, deft, sharp, commonplace, subtle, boil over, saharan, shriveled, brusque, withered, drinkable, tangy, authoritarian, teetotal, cunning, sort out, acrimonious, foxy, tearless, drought, cream, moderate, swab, spare, ingenious, droll, jocular, tidy, sarcastic, grim, old, dampen, epiglottis, scintillating, cutting, brut, intense, shrivelled, uninspired, prosaic, baked, juiceless, tiring, stringent, mundane, suck dry, freeze, piquant, inflexible, sour, hilarious, humorous, waterless, pointed, wipe, unstimulating, stern, prohibitionist, chilled, precise, scorched, chilly, ironic, bursting, dehydration, ascetic, clean out, basic, obstinate, cure, hose, monastic, bare, straight, pick up, depressing, sear, acerbic, gingivitis, slow, depleted, sparkling, excite, dried-out, unexciting, tiresome, canny, keen, wring out, mop, stanch, flat, temperate, sec, leaden, sly, stiff-necked, prudish, tedious, Draconian, buttery, cloud, corked, tart, thirsty, Trappist, sere, distant, pedestrian, wet, thirst, comical, evaporate, stoic, playful, pump out, vaporize, wearisome, bowel movement, alcoholic, dry-eyed, unemotional, dusty, demanding, harsh, severe, dry out, abstemious, bone dry, constipation, imperial, intelligent, austere, miserly, bedwetting, wither, facetious, crafty, gruff, full-bodied, adroit, attitude, intolerant, shrewd, parched, crisp, grating, jarring, uncompromising, parch, hidebound, gargle, impassive, crude, papery, scaly, Franciscan, desiccated, witty, taste, Adam's apple, irradiate, froth, bake, plain, heavy, correct, atomize, weary, unbending, barren, quick, dribble, clean up, drain, effervescent, boil away, remote, blunt, scurrilous, cool, desiccate, carbonated, wipe up, resourceful, simple, lean, bottle, dreary, evacuate, sunbaked, young, cynical, obdurate, antisocial, fundamental, bubble, furry, quick-witted, aseptic, adust, penitential, agape, wry, hard, dry up, chewy, acid, priceless, parsimonious, calorific, insipid, squirt, abrupt, waggish, acute, funny, unsweet, wring, teetotaling, repentant, clear, solid, boil, celibate, unadorned, ironical, restricted, empty, clam up, boil up, caramelized, strict, brilliant, egestion, numbing, brisk, dry-shod, run dry, frosty, abstinent, stale, lenten, curt, straighten up, crispy, rigid, comic, blot, milkless, disciplined, break down, clear out, wearying, inventive, treeless, bleak, urbane, semiarid, fail, hush, brush, falter, the dry season, hermit-like, rough, icy, relentless, unproductive, tinder-dry, strait-laced, dull, saturate, clever, scratchy, critical, moisten, black, deserted, teetotaler, dust bowl, mind-numbing, smart, hysterical, pick up after, trivial, wily, homogenize, inexperienced, puritanical, biting, astute, turn over to, joking, wild, caustic, catheterize, temperance, sterile, arid, uninteresting, amusing, boring, flash-freeze, soak, exacting, dried-up, tricky, Spartan.
Google Ngram Viewer results for dry:
This graph shows how "dry" have occurred between 1800 and 2008 in a corpus of English books.
Examples of usage for dry:
Quotes for dry:
I think dry nanotechnology is probably a dead -end. - Rudy Rucker
Rhymes for dry:
- ai, ay, aye, bae, bi, bligh, bly, brye, buy, by, bye, cai, chae, chai, chi, cry, cy, dai, die, dye, eye, fae, fi, fly, flye, fry, frye, fye, gae, guy, gyi, hi, high, hy, jai, kai, keye, kwai, kyi, lai, lie, lxi, ly, lye, mai, mei, my, ngai, nie, nigh, nye, pae, phi, phy, pi, pie, ply, pri, pry, psi, pty, pye, rye, sai, sci, shai, shy, sigh, sky, sly, spry, spy, sri, sty, sy, tae, tai, thai, thigh, thy, tie, try, tsai, ty, tye, vi, vie, vy, wai, why, wry, wy, wye, yie.
- alai, ally, apply, awry, belie, bonsai, brunei, bye-bye, comply, decry, defy, deny, descry, dubai, good-bye, goodbye, hereby, hi-fi, imai, imply, iwai, july, kanai, mcfly, mihai, nearby, rely, reply, retry, shanghai, standby, supply, thereby, untie, uy, versailles, whereby.
- cspi, isty, oversupply.
- dui, misapply, overfly, resupply, underlie.
Idioms for dry:
a dry run
hang sm out to dry
dry sth up
dry sm out
- How to spell dry?
- Correct spelling of dry.
- Spell check dry.
- How do u spell dry?