Definition of war:
- A contest between nations or states, or parties in the same state, carried on by force of arms; instruments of war; forces; arms; the profession of arms; art of war; hostility; state of opposition or contest; enmity; disposition to contention.
- To carry on a contest. Man- of- war, an armed ship of large size, for attack or defence. Holy war, a religious war; a crusade.
- To make war; to invade or attack a nation or state with force of arms; to carry on hostilities; to contend; to strive violently.
invasion, aggression, faction, disagreement, quarrel, argument, dissension, dispute, rivalry, civil, face-off, onslaught, grapple, race, fight, barrage, fury, attack, effort, crusade, Benedict Arnold, incursion, strike, raid, controversy, assault, the Axis, nuclear, cold, land, blitzkrieg, revolutionary, chemical, undertaking, pursuit, challenge, contention, bombardment, tirade, misunderstanding, the Berlin Wall, heavy lifting, clash, the Bay of Pigs, hot, dissonance, warpath, match, wrestle, discord, work, contend, biological, campaign, offensive, offense, guerre, charge, defensive, drive, free-for-all, Allied, bloodshed, violence, religious, dissent, battle, difficulty, skirmish, state of war, pitched battle, mission, division, tussle, the Battle of Britain, competition, total, ball game, foray, combat, antebellum, Armistice Day, ground, psychological, atomic, care, storm, furor, shooting, siege, struggle, dedication, riot, aerial, world, outbreak, sea, contest, germ, difference, warfare, confrontation, exertion, scuffle, Auschwitz, political, engagement, jihad, fighting, amphibious, spasm, sortie, tilt, frenzy, scramble, guerrilla, hostility, duel, limited, conflict, strain, thrust.
Google Ngram Viewer results for war:
This graph shows how "war" have occurred between 1800 and 2008 in a corpus of English books.
Examples of usage for war:
Quotes for war:
Rhymes for war:
- abhor, ador, adore, afore, amour, ashore, bator, before, c4, cat-4, decor.
- antiwar, anymore, guarantor, heretofore, livermore.
- boar, boer, bohr, bore, chore, coar, cohr, cor, core, corps, corr, d'or, deplore, dior, door, dore, dorr, drawer, explore, floor, flor, flore, fore, four, gabor, galore, glor, glore, goar, gore, gorr, hardcore, hoar, ignore, igor, implore, inshore, lahore, laur, laure, lenore, livor, loar, lor, lore, m4, mazor, mohr, moore, mor, more, morr, ngor, nohr, nor, oar, offshore, ohr, or, ore, orr, outpour, outscore, por, pore, porr, postwar, pour, prewar, rapport, restore, roar, saur, schnorr, scor, score, sedor, senor, shore, snore, soar, sor, sore, spore, store, swore, thor, timor, tor, tore, torr, torre, underscore, vore, warr, wor, wore, yore, your.
- How to spell war?
- Correct spelling of war.
- Spell check war.
- How do u spell war?