Definition of stay:
- The bar of the horse's hoof.
- A stiffened bodice; corsets. To miss stays, to fail in attempting to tack.
- Continuance in a place; abode for a time; stand; stop; obstruction; fixed state; support; a large strong rope employed to support masts.
- To stop; to restrain; to delay; to obstruct; to abide; to keep from departure; to prop; to support.
- To remain; to continue in a place or a state; to wait; to stand still; to rest; to rely.
Common misspellings for stay:
sta, staf, shat, strag, dtay, estay, stsay, stayy, ssaty, staied, sya, stary, staty, saty, thay, tay, sstay, sttay, stau, aty, stad, stay, stire, stayout, staly, staye, stya, atay, steek, stayu, stey, stady, sray, syay, srtay, stafy, stry, stayt, syat, istay, astay, stai, stsy, staay, lstay.
Google Ngram Viewer results for stay:
Examples of usage for stay:
Quotes for stay:
Rhymes for stay:
- aaa, attache, bouvier, bta, bua, cabaret, cabernet, cea, chevrolet, dak, disarray, disobey, ekk, faberge, fiance, intraday, ira, ita, jna, lyonnais, monterey, monterrey, overplay, overstay, perrier, piaget, underplay, underway, uva.
- abbe, allay, array, asay, astray, away, b-j, ballet, beauvais, belay, beret, betray, bombay, bouquet, buffet, cache, cafe, calais, carre, cathay, chalet, cliche, convey, crochet, croquet, da, decay, defray, delay, delray, dismay, display, dk, dossier, ek, essay, filet, fillet, ga, gervais, ha, halfway, hervey, hooray, hurray, jose, levey, mackay, macrae, manet, mccrea, mckay, mcveigh, millay, monet, moray, nikkei, nisei, o'shea, obey, oj, okay, olay, ole, orsay, parquet, passe, portray, prepay, puree, purvey, rene, renee, repay, replay, risque, saute, sergei, soiree, sorbet, souffle, survey, today, toupee, valet.
- ae, ay, bay, bey, blay, brae, bray, brey, ca, cay, che, clay, cray, dae, day, daye, de, dey, dray, drey, fay, faye, fe, fey, flay, fray, frey, gaye, gray, graye, grey, gway, hay, haye, hey, hwe, j, jae, jay, jaye, k, kay, kaye, khe, klay, lait, lay, lei, ley, mae, may, maye, mei, mey, nay, ne, neigh, nej, ney, pay, paye, pei, play, pray, prey, quai, quay, rae, ray, raye, re, rey, say, saye, se, shay, shea, slay, sleigh, spray, sta, stray, sway, sze, tae, tay, they, tray, trey, vey, way, waye, wei, weigh, wey, whey, wray, wy, yay, yea.
- asea, cabriolet, ceta, communique, foia, hiaa, naivete, noaa.
- How to spell stay?
- Correct spelling of stay.
- Spell check stay.
- How do u spell stay?