Definition of throw:
- Act of throwing; a cast of dice; venture or hazard; a stroke; the distance to which a missile may be thrown.
- To fling or cast In any manner; to drive to a distance from the hand or from an engine; to wind; to venture at dice; to shed or put oft; to put on; to prostrate in wrestling; to drive by violence or dash. To throw away, to lose by neglect or folly; to waste; to reject. To throw by, to lay aside. To throw down, to overthrow. To throw in, to inject; to put in. To throw off, to expel; to discard. To throw on, to cast on. To throw out, to cast out; to reject; to utter. To throw up, to resign. To throw one's self on, to resign one's self to the clemency of another. To throw silk, to twist singles into a cord.
- To perform the act of throwing: to cast dice.
Common misspellings for throw:
trouw, thur, throwup, thronw, thow, throow, thorugh, thrw, throm, thorw, trhough, throwe, thru, sllows, threow, thtow, thre, throen, thourgh, throu, throut, throught, thrrought, thorow, thnow, throwf, thruo, therow, thouw, throh, throwed, thruow, rhow, thropw, throgh, therowly, thurw, threws, throwout, throo, thorwed, thraw, sllow, thrwo, frow, trhow, thowe, throuw, spended, theow.
Google Ngram Viewer results for throw:
Examples of usage for throw:
" I gannod throw stoanss. "Somehow Good" , William de Morgan.
Quotes for throw:
Rhymes for throw:
- aglow, ago, although, arnaud, arnault, miro, pernod, renault.
- apropos, eeo, imo, ivo, overflow, taekwondo.
- au, aux, beau, beaux, below, bestow, bio, blow, bo, boe, bordeaux, bow, bowe, bro, cabo, chateau, chateaux, chau, cho, cloe, co, coe, cousteau, cro, crow, dau, defoe, devaux, doe, doh, dough, eau, escoe, escrow, flo, floe, flow, foe, forego, forgo, fro, gau, giraud, glo, gloe, glow, go, goe, gogh, goh, gro, grow, hello, ho, hoe, hoh, inco, jo, joe, joh, kayo, know, ko, koh, kowtow, kyo, lo, loe, loew, loewe, loh, low, lowe, luo, marceau, margaux, mau, mo, moe, monroe, mow, munro, nau, ngo, noe, noh, nouveau, o', oh, outgrow, ow, owe, papo, perot, peugeot, plateau, plough, poe, poh, pro, quo, renaud, rho, rideau, ro, roe, roh, rondeau, rouleau, row, rowe, sew, sgro, show, sloe, slow, snow, so, so-so, sow, stow, stowe, strow, tableau, tableaux, tallyho, tarot, thibault, tho, thoreau, though, toe, tow, trow, truffaut, tso, turbot, tyo, undergo, uno, vo, whoa, wo, woe, yau, yo, yoe, yoh, zoh.
- How to spell throw?
- Correct spelling of throw.
- Spell check throw.
- How do u spell throw?