Definition of resolution:
- The arrest of an inflammatory process without suppuration; the absorption or breaking down and removal of the products of inflammation, as in pneumonia, or of a new growth.
- The act or process of resolving or of separating the parts of anything; analysis; dissolution; firmness of purpose; fixed determination; constancy; a declaration passed by the legislature or any public assembly; solution. Resolution of an equation, its reduction, to ascertain the value of the unknown quantity. Resolution of forces, the dividing of a force into two or more, which would have the same effect.
Common misspellings for resolution:
- resoultion (20%)
- resoloution (6%)
- resoulution (5%)
- resalution (5%)
- resoltuion (5%)
- resulution (4%)
- resoltion (4%)
- resultion (4%)
- resolotion (3%)
- resloution (3%)
Google Ngram Viewer results for resolution:
This graph shows how "resolution" have occurred between 1800 and 2008 in a corpus of English books.
Examples of usage for resolution:
Nevertheless, he formed a desperate resolution.
Quotes for resolution:
Rhymes for resolution:
- absolution, andalusian, attribution, constitution, contribution, devolution.
- aleutian, confucian, dilution, pollution, solution.
- diminution, dissolution, distribution, elocution, evolution, execution, institution, lilliputian, persecution, prosecution, prostitution, restitution, retribution, revolution, substitution.
- electrocution, redistribution.
- How to spell resolution?
- Correct spelling of resolution.
- Spell check resolution.
- How do u spell resolution?