Definition of word:
- An articulate or vocal sound, or a combination of articulate and vocal sounds, uttered by the human voice, and accepted as expressing an idea or ideas; a single component part of speech; a term; the letter or combination of letters which represent such a sound; a short discourse; talk; discourse; verbal contention; language; living speech; oral expression; promise; signal; order; command; account; tidings; message; declaration; purpose expressed; divine revelation, or any part of it; the revealed will of God; a motto; a short sentence; a proverb.
- To express in words. The Word, the Scriptures; the second person of the Trinity. A good word, commendation. In word, in declaration only.
Common misspellings for word:
wor, wond, wolrd, woreed, wurd, owrk, wrd, tword, verd, wrad, wprd, workd, worid, wourd, wolr, ddg, worf, worders, wordt, ord, worx, wolrld, woed, wordprocessing, wrod, worl, wird, worde, woird, wored, wors, w0rd, worrd, woud, wod, woard, worh, workl, wordd, werd, sord, aword, eword, wornd, worls, worsd, wour, wordz, wordl, ior, worj, woord, weord, wordes, wordrom, worg, wodr, waor, wword, owrd.
Google Ngram Viewer results for word:
Examples of usage for word:
Quotes for word:
Rhymes for word:
- abjured, absurd, chauffeured, concurred, conferred, deferred.
- bird, blurred, burd, byrd, curd, demurred, deterred, ferd, gerd, gird, heard, herd, hird, hurd, incurred, inferred, interred, kurd, misheard, nerd, occurred, preferred, purred, recurred, referred, reword, slurred, spurred, stirred, third, transferred, uncured, unheard.
- overheard, undeterred.
Idioms for word:
- How to spell word?
- Correct spelling of word.
- Spell check word.
- How do u spell word?