Definition of direction:
Common misspellings for direction:
dereaction, dircetion, direcion, diredtion, ditection, directionof, tiredction, dorections, direation, derection, directioin, derction, directon, directin, dirrections, directiion, dirrection, tacts, dicection, direstion, decrition, dicetion, disrescion, dierection, dorection, direcshon, dirction, diraction, direciotn, directuion, direaction, edirection, dreactsion, admireration, direciton, deriction, dirtiction, directiong, directiona, irection, diretion, dirition, directo, direcction, directioning, dircation, directiosn, directoin, direection, diration, dicrection, dirocshion, direwction, driction, directins, direcrtion, derections, directionals, drections, directrion, diurection, directio, direccion, diorection, directiond, durection, diarection, diection, diriction, dirictions, drection, directiont, diresction, driection, directionn, dirrecion, dierction, didrection, deretion, directtion, direcition, difretion.
Google Ngram Viewer results for direction:
Examples of usage for direction:
The direction of an object is the line of motion or of vision toward it, or the line in which the object is moving, considered from our own actual or mental standpoint. Way, literally the road or path, comes naturally to mean the direction of the road or path; conversationally, way is almost a perfect synonym of direction; as, which way did he go? or, in which direction? Bearing is the direction in which an object is seen with reference to another, and especially with reference to the points of the compass. Course is the direction of a moving object; inclination, that toward which a stationary object leans; tendency, the direction toward which anything stretches or reaches out; tendency is stronger and more active than inclination. Compare AIM; CARE; ORDER; OVERSIGHT.
Quotes for direction:
Rhymes for direction:
- advection, affection, collection, complexion, confection, connection.
- circumspection, disaffection, disconnection, disinfection, imperfection.
- convection, correction, defection, detection, dissection, ejection, election, infection, inflection, injection, inspection, insurrection, interjection, intersection, introspection, objection, perfection, predilection, preelection, projection, protection, recollection, redirection, reelection, reflection, reinspection, rejection, resurrection, selection.
- flexion, section.
- interconnection, overprotection.
Idioms for direction:
- How to spell direction?
- Correct spelling of direction.
- Spell check direction.
- How do u spell direction?