Definition of grind:
- Study for an examination, considered as irksome.
- To reduce to small pieces or powder by friction; to wear down, sharpen, or smooth by friction; to grate; to oppress; to harass; to teach or study in preparation for an examination.
- To be rubbed together; to perform the operation of grinding; to be pulverized, polished, or sharpened by grinding; to study for an examination.
Google Ngram Viewer results for grind:
This graph shows how "grind" have occurred between 1800 and 2008 in a corpus of English books.
Examples of usage for grind:
Quotes for grind:
Rhymes for grind:
- aligned, assigned, behind, combined, confined, consigned, declined, defined, designed, enshrined, entwined, inclined, maligned, mankind, opined, refined, remind, resigned, unkind, unlined, unsigned, unwind.
- bind, blind, dined, find, fined, hind, kind, lined, mind, mined, pined, rind, shined, signed, twined, whined, wind, wined.
- disinclined, intertwined, realigned, reassigned, redefined, redesigned, unconfined, undefined, undermined, unrefined.
- How to spell grind?
- Correct spelling of grind.
- Spell check grind.
- How do u spell grind?