Definition of weed:
- In veterinary practice, a synonym of lymphangitis.
- As worn specially by a widow.
- The general name of any useless or troublesome plant; anything useless or troublesome, specially when mingled with things that are useful or of value.
- A garment; a mourning dress, generally.
- To free from weeds, or from anything hurtful or offensive; to root out.
Common misspellings for weed:
- awered (46%)
- wead (38%)
- weedout (8%)
- wheed (8%)
Google Ngram Viewer results for weed:
This graph shows how "weed" have occurred between 1800 and 2008 in a corpus of English books.
Examples of usage for weed:
Quotes for weed:
Rhymes for weed:
- accede, agreed, concede, decreed, degreed, elide, exceed, gilead.
- aristide, disagreed, guaranteed, intercede, overfeed.
- bead, bede, bleed, brede, breed, cede, creed, dede, deed, ede, fede, feed, freed, fried, friede, greed, hamid, he'd, heed, impede, indeed, keyed, knead, kneed, lead, leed, lipide, mead, meade, misdeed, mislead, misread, nead, need, plead, precede, proceed, rasheed, rashid, read, recede, reed, reid, reread, reseed, saeed, screed, secede, seed, shaheed, she'd, skied, snead, sneed, speed, stampede, steed, succeed, supersede, swede, teed, tweed, waleed, walid, we'd, wied.
Idioms for weed:
weed out sb/ sth
weed sm or sth out
- How to spell weed?
- Correct spelling of weed.
- Spell check weed.
- How do u spell weed?