Definition of lose:
- To cease to have; to be deprived of; not to gain; to fail to obtain; to possess no longer; to forfeit; to waste; to squander; to ruin; to destroy; to cause to perish; to miss; to bewilder; to fail to see or find. To lose one's self, to be bewildered; to have the memory and reason suspended.
- To forfeit anything in contest; not to win; to decline; to fail.
Common misspellings for lose:
losse, losse, loce, loce, loos, loos, loase, loase, losted, losted, luse, lise, lise, losind, liose, liose, loaw, loaw, luose, luose, loze, loze, losy, losy, losed, loes, loes, ose, loe, loe, loe, lowe, losey, losoe, loseing, lsoe, lsoe, losee, losee, llose, llose, lse, lse, losde.
Google Ngram Viewer results for lose:
Examples of usage for lose:
Quotes for lose:
Developments in information technology and globalised media mean that the most powerful military in the history of the world can lose a war, not on the battlefield of dust and blood, but on the battlefield of world opinion. - Timothy Garton Ash
Rhymes for lose:
- abuse, accrues, accuse, amuse, bemuse, diffuse.
- blues, boos, booze, brews, bruise, buse, canoes, choose, chuse, clews, clues, confuse, coups, crews, cruise, cruse, cruz, cues, defuse, dews, drews, druse, druze, dues, ensues, enthuse, ewes, excuse, foos, fuse, glues, goos, hews, hues, hughes, infuse, jews, joos, koos, kruse, kuse, loos, luiz, luse, meuse, mewes, mews, miscues, misuse, moos, muse, news, oohs, ooze, peruse, pews, pursues, ques, queues, recuse, refuse, renews, reuse, reviews, revues, roos, ruse, schmooze, screws, shoes, shrews, skews, snooze, soos, sous, spews, stews, sues, suffuse, taboos, tattoos, tewes, tews, toulouse, transfuse, twos, use, views, who's, whose, woos.
- disabuse, kangaroos, overuse.
- How to spell lose?
- Correct spelling of lose.
- Spell check lose.
- How do u spell lose?