Definition of gain:
- Something obtained as an advantage; profit; interest. To gain into, to persuade to join in. To gain over, to draw over to one's party or interest. To gain ground, to advance in any undertaking. To gain the wind, to attain the windward side of another ship.
- To obtain by industry or the employment of capital; to acquire; to earn; to obtain by superiority or success; to win; to obtain; to win to one's side or over; to reach.
- To have profit; to encroach or advance on; to gain ground on; to prevail against or have the advantage; to obtain influence with.
Common misspellings for gain:
Google Ngram Viewer results for gain:
This graph shows how "gain" have occurred between 1800 and 2008 in a corpus of English books.
Examples of usage for gain:
Quotes for gain:
Rhymes for gain:
- abstain, again, alain, alaine, alane, alayne, allain, amain.
- aine, arcane, arraign, attain, ayn, bahrain, bain, bane, bayne, biscayne, blain, blaine, blane, blayne, brain, butane, cain, caine, campaign, cane, chain, champagne, champaign, champlain, charlayne, charmain, charmaine, cheyne, cocaine, complain, constrain, contain, crain, craine, crane, crayne, dain, dane, dayne, deign, delaine, demain, detain, devane, dewayne, disdain, domain, drain, draine, duan, duane, duquesne, duwayne, dwayne, elaine, elane, elayne, explain, fain, fane, feign, fein, fontaine, fraine, frane, frayn, frayne, freyne, germain, germaine, germane, grain, hain, hane, heyne, humane, hussain, hussein, iain, inane, ingrain, insane, jain, jane, jayne, jermaine, kahane, kain, kaine, kane, kayne, lain, laine, lane, laraine, layne, ln, lorain, loraine, lorraine, maclean, main, maine, maintain, mane, mayne, mccain, mcclain, mclean, moraine, mundane, obtain, ordain, pain, paine, pane, payne, pertain, plain, plane, preordain, profane, rain, raine, rayne, refrain, regain, reign, rein, reine, remain, restrain, retain, retrain, rogaine, romain, romaine, sain, sane, shaine, shane, shayne, slain, slane, spain, spokane, sprain, stain, strain, sustain, swain, swaine, swayne, sylvain, terrain, thaine, thane, thayne, train, trane, tremaine, twain, ukraine, urbain, urbane, vain, vane, vein, wain, wane, wayne, zane.
- aquitaine, ascertain, entertain, inhumane.
- How to spell gain?
- Correct spelling of gain.
- Spell check gain.
- How do u spell gain?