Spell Check of correct
Correct spelling: correct
Definition of correct:
1) censure severely; " She chastised him for his insensitive remarks"
2) punish in order to gain control or enforce obedience; " The teacher disciplined the pupils rather frequently"
3) free from error; especially conforming to fact or truth; " the correct answer"; " the correct version"; " the right answer"; " took the right road"; " the right decision"
4) correct in opinion or judgment; " time proved him right"
5) socially right or correct; " it isn't right to leave the party without saying goodbye"; " correct behavior"
6) in accord with accepted standards of usage or procedure; " what's the right word for this?"; " the right way to open oysters"
7) make right or correct; " Correct the mistakes"; " rectify the calculation"
8) treat a defect; " The new contact lenses will correct for his myopia"
9) alter or regulate so as to achieve accuracy or conform to a standard; " Adjust the clock, please"; " correct the alignment of the front wheels"
10) go down in value; " the stock market corrected"; " prices slumped"
11) make reparations or amends for; " right a wrongs done to the victims of the Holocaust"
12) adjust or make up for; " engineers will work to correct the effects or air resistance"
13) Set right, or made straight; hence, conformable to truth, rectitude, or propriety, or to a just standard; not faulty or imperfect; free from error; as, correct behavior; correct views.
14) To make right; to bring to the standard of truth, justice, or propriety; to rectify; as, to correct manners or principles.
15) To remove or retrench the faults or errors of; to amend; to set right; as, to correct the proof ( that is, to mark upon the margin the changes to be made, or to make in the type the changes so marked).
16) To bring back, or attempt to bring back, to propriety in morals; to reprove or punish for faults or deviations from moral rectitude; to chastise; to discipline; as, a child should be corrected for lying.
17) To counteract the qualities of one thing by those of another; -- said of whatever is wrong or injurious; as, to correct the acidity of the stomach by alkaline preparations.
Common misspellings for correct:
- corect (41%)
- corret (7%)
- currect (7%)
- corrrect (6%)
- corrct (4%)
- coorect (3%)
- coreect (3%)
- correc (2%)
- corrent (2%)
Misspellings percentages are collected from over 15,411,110 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.