Definition of work:
- Walls, trenches, and the like, made for fortifications; moral duties or external performances, as distinct from grace. To set to work, or to set on work, to employ; to engage in any business.
- An exertion of strength for accomplishing some end or object; manual labour; state of labour; employment; occupation; an undertaking; that which is made or done; embroidery; flowers or figures wrought with the needle; any fabric or manufacture; the matter on which one is at work; some important deed; exploit; operation; effect; resistance overcome that which proceeds from agency; management; treatment; that which is produced by mental labour; a composition; a book; a place of manufacture.
- To move; to stir and mix; to form by labour; to mould, shape or manufacture; to influence by acting upon; to lead; to make by action, labour or violence; to produce by action, labour or exertion; to embroider; to direct the movements of, by adapting the sails to the wind; to put to labour; to exert; to cause to ferment, as liquor. To work out, to effect by labour and exertion; to solve. To work up, to raise; to excite; to expend in any work, as materials. To work into, to insinuate.
- To labour; to be occupied in performing manual labour; to act; to carry on operations; to operate; to carry on business; to be customarily employed; to produce effects by action or influence; to ferment; to act or operate on the stomach and bowels, as a cathartic; to labour; to strain; to move heavily; to be tossed or agitated; to enter by working. To work on, to act on; to influence. To work up, to make way. To work to windward, to sail or ply against the wind.
Common misspellings for work:
worke, wahe, worc, wor, workon, wwrk, nok, wokr, wourk, worjk, woirk, qwork, wwork, owrk, workf, wqork, wrok, workd, wrk, awork, wot, woor, maintaince, ork, worck, opperate, work, woked, wprk, lwork, wordk, woerk, worsk, iwork, kork, worek, wook, worf, worklife, rwork, wrks, waork, wokk, wurk, workin, worok, worx, worik, wo, woek, ster, wrod, worl, werks, dwork, worrk, wukk, werck, worlk, owkr, wpork, wlork, wors, wofk, wotk, vork, surfice, workw, wortk, wod, schule, worh, workt, wprl, workl, wory, weork, wonk, twork, worka, woth, workss, workn, wkr, wour, qork, mork, eork, erk, wolk, workzone, wouk, workand, workk, rok, wiork, worki, workth, wourl, worj, wotrk, workj, workder, work10, towork, workly, sork, woprk, ework, woork, workwith, werk, swork, worg, assiment, waok, wowrk, leanin, worp, whork, waor, nwork, wark, rik, wirk.
Google Ngram Viewer results for work:
Examples of usage for work:
Work is the generic term for any continuous application of energy toward an end; work may be hard or easy. Labor is hard and wearying work; toil is straining and exhausting work. Work is also used for any result of working, physical or mental, and has special senses, as in mechanics, which labor and toil do not share. Drudgery is plodding, irksome, and often menial work. Compare ACT; BUSINESS.
Quotes for work:
Rhymes for work:
- How to spell work?
- Correct spelling of work.
- Spell check work.
- How do u spell work?