Definition of face:
- The anterior portion of the head, containing the features.
- The surface or side which presents itself to the view; the front of a thing; the front part of the head; the visage; aspect of the face; look; look, as of anger or favour; the plane surface or side of a solid; visible state; appearance; confidence; effrontery; presence; sight; the person. To accept one's face, to show him favour or grant his request. To set the face against, to oppose. To make faces, to distort the form of the face. Face to face, in immediate presence. The face of a bastion, the two sides resching from the flanks of the salient angle Face- prolonged, that part of the line of defence which is between the angle of the shoulder and the curtain. The face of a gun, the superficies of the metal at the extremity of the muzzle. The faces of a square. the different sides of a battalion, & c.
- To meet in front; to oppose with firmless; to resist, or to meet for the purpose of stopping or opposing; to stand with the face or front toward; to cover in front; to smooth the surface of; to make appear of superior quality.
- To play the hypocrite; to turn the face. To face the enemy, to meet him in front, and oppose him with determination. Right face Left face! and Right about face! words of command, on which the soldiers individually turn to the side specified To face down, to oppose boldly or impudently. To face out, to brave unblushingly.
Common misspellings for face:
facee, facel, fae, countance, fai, fance, fgace, facve, faceoff, faca, fcae, sfae, fave, afce, fask, fac, fice, eface, facea, facy, frace, facce, fase, flace, fce, facr, gace, facily, faqce, facke, facey, facde, faxe, facte, faec, fece, sace, facer, facew, fasce, fay, faceand, tace, facem, favce, face, facxe, vace.
Google Ngram Viewer results for face:
Examples of usage for face:
Quotes for face:
Rhymes for face:
- How to spell face?
- Correct spelling of face.
- Spell check face.
- How do u spell face?