Definition of make:
- The closure of an electric circuit and establishment of the current.
- Structure; texture; shape.
- To create; to frame; to fashion; to compose; to cause to become; to produce or effect; to compel or constrain; to procure; to execute; to establish; to raise to good fortune; to commit; to gain; to collect; to arrive in sight of, as land; to reach; to gain by advance; to provide; to place; to turn; to represent; to induce; to fabricate. To make amends, to make good. To make account of, to esteem. To make away, to kill; to destroy. To make free with, to treat with freedom. To make good, to defend; to accomplish; to make compensation for. To make light of, to consider as of no consequence. To make love, or to make suit, to court. To make merry, to feast; to be jovial. To make much of, to treat with fondness or esteem. To make of, to understand by; to produce from; to account. To make over, to transfer the title of. To make out, to learn; to understand clearly; to prove; to furnish. To make sure of, to consider as certain; to secure to one's possession. To make up, to reconcile; to repair; to supply what is wanting; to compose; to shape; to compensate; to adjust. To make sail, to increase the quantity of sail already extended. To make sternway, to move with the stern foremost. To make water, to leak. To make words, to multiply words.
- To tend; to move; to contribute; to rise; to flow toward land. To make as if, to appear. To make away with, to kill; to destroy. To make for, to move toward; to favour. To make against, to tend to injury. To make out, to succeed. To make up, to approach. To make up for, to compensate. To make up with, to settle differences; to become friends. To make with, to concur.
Common misspellings for make:
amd, madke, meka, maske, billd, maike, mak, dmake, makw, cade, mcak, pake, makeme, makind, makethem, facillitate, makme, maket, lmake, yacking, mke, fmake, imake, makea, mahe, makae, makke, mako, meak, makeket, meke, maing, mafe, makesure, maskes, makit, makem, maks, makd, make, maie, nmake, realise, makse, makre, maken, ame, marke, makie, makee, maked, mwke, maka, amek, rmake, macke, mek, mk, maek, mamke, msake, mkae, omake, mtake, makethis, makel, amake, maje, makere, amke, makde, tomake, meake, makwe, malke, mack, moke, kake, mank, maky, ake, majke, mayke, kmake, mould, nake, maye, mske, makr, mase, tmake, maki, mkake, maink, mnake, jmakke, mmake, maqke, meket, makeyou, makje, makew, mawke, maik, mae, smake, meakes, maake, makek, makle, manke.
Google Ngram Viewer results for make:
Examples of usage for make:
Make is essentially causative; to the idea of cause all its various senses may be traced ( compare synonyms for CAUSE). To make is to cause to exist, or to cause to exist in a certain form or in certain relations; the word thus includes the idea of create, as in Gen. i, 31, " And God saw everything that he had made, and, behold, it was very good." Make includes also the idea of compose, constitute; as, the parts make up the whole. Similarly, to cause a voluntary agent to do a certain act is to make him do it, or compel him to do it, compel fixing the attention more on the process, make on the accomplished fact. Compare COMPEL; DO; INFLUENCE; ( make better) AMEND; ( make haste) QUICKEN; ( make known) ANNOUNCE; AVOW; CONFESS; ( make prisoner) ARREST; ( make up) ADD; ( make void) CANCEL.
Quotes for make:
The Scriptures were written, not to make us astronomers, but to make us saints. - Matthew Henry
Rhymes for make:
Idioms for make:
- How to spell make?
- Correct spelling of make.
- Spell check make.
- How do u spell make?