Definition of line:
- 1. A long narrow mark, strip, or streak, distinguished, in anatomy, from the adjacent tissues by color, texture, or elevation. 2. An obsolete unit of measure, 1/ 12 inch. ( For the anatomical lines, see under linea.).
- A slender string or cord; a thread- like stroke or trace; the equator; that which has length without breadth or thickness; a row, as of letters, words, soldiers, ships, & c.; a verse; a series in regular succession; lineage; outline; lineament; a short letter or a note; a trench or rampart; the twelfth part of an inch; disposition; method; occupation; course; direction. A right line, a straight line, the shortest that can be drawn between two points. Equinoctial line, the equator of the earth or heavens. A ship of the line, a ship of war large enough to have a place in the line of battle. Line of battle, the disposition of an army or fleet.
- To mark with lines; to cover on the inside; to put in the inside; to place along by the side of anything for guarding; to cover.
Common misspellings for line:
lione, lin, linewith, numbe, linde, liine, lise, lne, libe, linre, eline, ligne, lins, lind, libne, lina, lline, linr, l, lineof, iine, rline, liue, laine, que, lijne, une, lince, linea, line, ine, kine, chand, linse, lkine, linew, linel, lilne, lije, pline, lign, linie, linke, linbe, lun, li9ne, loine, ilne, linded, linge.
Google Ngram Viewer results for line:
Examples of usage for line:
Quotes for line:
Rhymes for line:
- align, aline, assign, benign, combine, confine, consign, decline, define, design, devine, divine, enshrine, entwine, incline, malign, opine, refine, repine, resign, supine.
- brine, cline, dine, dyne, ein, fein, fine, gyn, hein, heine, hine, huynh, jain, klein, kline, lyne, mine, nine, pine, pyne, quine, rhein, rhine, rine, shine, shrine, sign, sine, spine, spline, stein, stine, strine, swine, thein, thine, tine, trine, twine, tyne, vine, whine, wine, zine.
- disincline, intertwine, leontine, realign, reassign, recombine, redefine, redesign.
Idioms for line:
- How to spell line?
- Correct spelling of line.
- Spell check line.
- How do u spell line?